BY SHANI FAKII

WOMEN’S ACTING PROWESS THAT GLUES MASSES TO SCREENS

Meet one of the great voices that have gone internationally especially at a time when many countries are embracing Swahili as an official language.

With the opening up of the media and advanced digital technology, the strong voice of a go-getter, determined lady, Aisha Mwajumlah who goes by the stage name ‘Nimimi’, stands out in ‘PETE’  Telonovela series aired on Maisha Magic East Africa Channel.

She began her acting career in nursery school during parent’s day events and her dream never stopped.

Mwajumlah began participating in drama festivals in the Coast region, and later she joined S.A.F.E Pwani organization, an organization that uses poems and drama to create programs that enhance awareness among communities affected by H.I.V. and AIDS.

She has become a household name to many. Her first film on screen was ‘Watatu’ the film which was initially a stage play that tackled extremism at the Kenyan Coast.

She landed the role in ‘Pete’ series after attending an audition.

Like in any other career, her first audition in Nairobi never worked as she planed she was rejected but opt to never give up.

That did not dampen her dream. She attended another audition in Mombasa and lucky enough, she landed a role in the famous ‘PETE’ series.

 “It has been an interesting journey and very interesting experience and every one on set is actually good and they bring out there character very well and I have worked closely with Mbura and Karembo,” she added.

Adding that Karembo is a vibe working together “she has a way of playing her role that’s put you into character.”

Mwajumlah as a character is a daughter to Hakimi from Kinyamboni in a relationship with Mbura first son of Chief Mbalu, who was the chief leader of Funzi Island.

In her free time Mwamjumlah loves travelling a lot, watching movies, swimming but mostly she loves music.

 

         
















Asha Mwamjumlah



SELESTINAH NYAGHA PETE SERIES ACTRESS

Selestinah Nyagha is a 24 year old born in a family of four, born and raised in Mombasa. She is also an actress and currently acting in Pete Series on maisha magic as Nuru.

“I act as Nuru. Nuru is a beautiful lady in the village who was raised by her grandmother after her parents died. She is also in a love triangle with the Funzi ruler Jasiri and Safira who happens to be a mermaid. I would explain Nuru as an innocent village girl who is after peace for her community,” she said.

 

All actors are amazing in different ways but since it depends which actor you happen to shoot with the most i would say Jasiri (it’s always exciting and he helps so much with building my character and emotions) and Bi Komo (she’s just another version of my mom sometimes she says a certain line on the script and it sounds like am speaking to my mum)

 

She first did a movie (Doctor Okossovo).Then a series known as Penzi under Ashiner pictures...and then landed on Pete!

‘A friend of mine happened to be in the acting industry took me to an audition and I luckily got the chance!

 

I would say Nuru even in my dreams it was a life changer role and i will forever be grateful to God and Maisha magic east for creating this platform to help young youths and all those with different passion for cinema.

 

 I started acting in high school but it wasn’t a big deal to me by then until i started shooting Penzi after i had completed college that’s when it started making sense that acting can also be a career.

 

I love cooking but that’s when am at home while in Funzi watching movies or Music helps a lot in pushing time.

 

Back when i was in high school i got a best actress award. Though the journey has just started am looking forward to what the future holds!

 

So far so good apart from just that people (fans) expect soo much from people who are seen on the screen, they forget that they are just normal people living normal lives.

 

One thing i noticed if you live by pleasing the crowd you’ll end up living a fake life just to try to put up with a status that you can’t afford.

 

Am a family woman my future plan is to have a beautiful family and achieve goals together as a family.







 






Selistinah Nyagah






 RUKIA KHAMIS NYONGO PETE SERIES ACTRESS

Rukia is young talented actress and also an entrepreneur in Mombasa, born in 1993 the second born in her family raised in Likoni mtongwe,

She started acting at an early age in nursery school, she was among those children who use to recite poems and sings to the parents during schools closing days. And to entertain parents during parents day. “While growing up I never thought that one day I will be seen on TV as a young girl was just enjoying it as a hobby.

 

My experience as an actress it has been an amazing journey have learnt a lot my confidence was built  by travelling  and meeting people who have  changed my life.

 

My first TV show was Masaibu which was aired in Kenya Broadcasting Cooperation (KBC), it wasn’t that popular but it made me to fall in love more with my acting career, my second show was Mshamba it was shown on Kenya Television Network (KTN) and Maisha Magic East.

 

 Mshamba was the show that made me grow and that’s how I became more known and gave me another opportunity and landed a role in Pete at Maisha magic as a villain mermaid.

 

 

 

My role in ‘PETE’  acting as a villain mermaid it was a challenging role because it was a bit different from the roles I used to play, in Pete as ‘Raziya’ the mermaid I had to act fiercely and hurtles which made my fans hate me  but as an artist you have to be flexible in any role given, and also as a mermaid I used to swim a lot in deep waters so as to bring the reality of a mermaid luckily am a good swimmer it helped me a lot. Safira I enjoyed working with her in Pete as my sister

 

Among all the roles have played Pete was my favorite and I really enjoyed it because it was different from any other roles have played. I landed the role in Pete because am a good actress I have an experience being on TV and one of the advantage I had was a good swimmer.

 

I embrace acting because it something in me that I was naturally born with it, I enjoy being  someone else  on stage and also acting gives me freedom to express my feelings even  more.

 

On my free time I love reading, and swimming  as an entrepreneur I must read and learn something different each day so as to expand my knowledge and mindset because the world keeps on changing and I don’t want to be left behind. I take myself as a student always. 

 

My future plans is to create business opportunities to young women so as they can be so independent and not to expect anything from anyone and to teach my fellow young women that no matter what we grow through in life if we are focus and know what we really want we will always reach our goals. And live our life with the freedom we always desire.

 


 Rukia Harmisi

 

Comments

Post a Comment